Afternoon! Congrats on not being raptured!
- The ACLU has a short article concerning the scary role that junk psychology can play in sentence determination for convicted felons facing the death penalty. Remember, though, it’s class warfare to claim that this country is perpetuating a blatant two-tired justice system based on wealth and privilege.
- The Cubs and Red Sox are continuing their series at Fenway today, which happens to be their first meeting in Boston since the 1918. In celebration of this, both teams are wearing retro jerseys. Terry Francona things that they “do not look good”. He is correct. In this assertion.
- Speaking about the Red Sox, David Ortiz smells blood.
- Rachel Maddow mixed a special rapture cocktail known as the “Last Word”.
- The Tea Party has seen better days
- Digby points out the conservative hypocrisy in grandstanding against the federal government until a massive disaster strikes. Remember Senator William Cohen’s adage that “government is your enemy until you need a friend” and that FEMA is an agency that the Democrats have a track record treating appropriately.
- Over at Slate, Jacob Weisberg states the obvious; mainly that the Democrats are facing an opposition party that has lost its mind.
- At Kos they have published a letter from the Ambassador from Denmark who brags about his country’s awesome work towards energy independence via green tech– and manages to fit in a not so subtle jab at our wussy political establishment that can’t get its act together to get rid of subsidies for the most profitable companies the world has ever seen.
- The President of Yemen (in power since 1978) claims that if he goes,
the commiesI mean the terrorists will win.
- The Mosque in Murfreesboro, Tennessee is finally allowed to star building after 16 months of racist protests.