Good morning! I hope that your day is looking up.
- Chicago Bear’s rookie J.T. Thomas is currently not working due to the NFL Lockout. With this free time, some might think he would get involved with crime, but this did not happen. Instead Mr. Thomas went with a middle school student with spina bifida to her middle school dance as her date. Here’s to hoping that the lockout produces more awesome acts like this, or like this.
- Knowing my wife and our love of all things Irish, I’m pretty sure we are going to frame this photo and put it over our first child’s crib.
- Speaking about Ireland and Obama, this country’s worst person, Bryan Fischer, has some dumbass opinions about race.
- Paul Krugman diagnoses why Paul Ryan and his supporters were self-deluded enough to think that people would gleefully allow medicare to die. The bottom line; the punditocracy’s constant adoration of Ryan caused him to believe that the entire country is insane as David Brooks.
- Over at Salon, Michael Lind writes about how psychotic war-mongerer Niall Ferguson has influenced the “self-parodic” rants of the American right wing. Basically, Ferguson’s accent creates the impression amongst our crazy right wingers that he knows what he is talking about.
- Also at Salon, Alex Pareene follows up from Digby’s discussion on Rush Limbaugh’s downfall into irrelevance. Interestingly, Rush and his ilk might be doomed by more accurate measurements of his actual audience size.
- Someone is trying to kill Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Perhaps he get his buddies Harry Potter and Gandolf on the case before its too late.
- Congratulations post recession graduates! YOU ARE DOOMED
- Alternet has an extensive look at the destruction that “school choice” and various voucher programs have brought not only to the survivability of public schools, but to our bedrock principles relating to the separation of church and state. Thank your centrist-Democrat for this betrayal.
- Jezebel’s Margaret Hartmann discusses a new study showing that overweight women are being paid less on average than both slimmer women AND overweight men in the same profession. Hartmann also takes issue with the solution developed by the studies author; telling the women to simply lose weight.
Anyways, have a great day! I’m going to spend it watching Frontline’s documentary on the Mormons.