Afternoon! Are you excited for the upcoming rematch of the 2006 NBA Finals? Me neither.
- Digby comes up with the most apt characterization ever to describe America’s most ornery/delusional ex-Senator (and current “expert” on the deficit).
- I probably can’t talk given how awful my yearbook photos have been, but this collection of yearbook entries from the GOP presidential field left me in stitches.
- The Congressional Softball League has been rocked by news that the Office of National Drug Control Policy has downright refused to play a game against a team comprised of lobbyists devoted to ending the war on drugs. This could have been an awesome real-life longest yard sort of thing, but the ONDCP decided to be lame. Again.
- Speaking of our awesome War on Drugs, Mother Jones points out that David Headley, a co-conspirator in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks was for years a paid informant for the DEA .
- Sarah Palin has apparently taken the queue from last weeks news that psuedo-moderate Mitch Daniels decision not to run for president provides just the opening she needs to run herself– or at least make some angry movie about how the lames stream media does not like her.
- Dick Cheney wants to bang Paul Ryan. No seriously, he actually said “I worship the ground Paul Ryan walks on.”
- Salon’s movie review of “The Hangover Part II” compares it unfavorably to Sex in the City 2 in the first paragraph. That sort of a sign should prompt you to spend your $10 on the hilarious Bridesmaids instead.
- You want a tear jerking animal story? This Birmingham area dog crawled back to his house on two broken legs after he was carried away by a tornado.
- Emily Bazelon has an amazing interview with one of the girls involved in the bullying of Phoebe Prince, the Irish immigrant high-school student who killed herself in 2010. Bazelon has detailed the entire affair in some amazing reporting if you have the time to read it all.
- According to Gawker, my dumbass loyalty to Target over Wal-Mart out of a desire to support Unions was completely misplaced. Is Costco cool?
Anyways, have a good Thursday. Perhaps think about buying that new onion belt for Senator Simpson.