Morning! I’m catching the early bus on my first day at work, so wish me luck. Here are the links!
- Slate does the tough work in finding out exactly why Guinness tastes better in Ireland than in your local Dave and Busters.
- Stephen Walt points out that Congress was basically clapping to Benjiman Netanyahu’s enthusiastic declaration of permanent apartheid for Palestinians living in the West Bank or Gaza.
- Also at Foreign Policy, Clyde Prestowitz points out that not only is our political system prohibiting us from having better highways, but it is also screwing up our internet development (which in turn is making our highways WORSE).
- Goodwin Liu has withdrawn his name for consideration for an appointment to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Democrats from the California State Senate were pressing on Harry Reid to use the nuclear option. Democrats are worried that this might create an electoral backlash, yet this idea itself is based on the false premise that voters give (or know) two shits about the judicial branch.
- Jared Lee Loughner has been ruled mentally incompetent to stand trial for his attack on Representative Gabrielle Gifford’s rally last January. This a surprising development considering the recent history of the mentally ill who have committed high profile acts of violence after Hinkley shot Reagan.
- Representative Virginia Foxx of North Carolina (yes that Virginia Foxx) continues to be a horrible person.
- Fat loud white dude in the media calls a woman a “slut”, something that should exist is the least surprising news ever. Unfortunately this time that fat loud white guy turns out to be a liberal commentator.
- Also at Think Progress, Former (fired) head of the International Arabian Horse Association (and FEMA) Mike Brown has the swollen balls big enough to claim that Obama is mishandling the tornadoes in Missouri. This accusation comes as a surprise to Missouri Republicans on the ground who are saying the exact opposite thing. I guess someone has to try and keep the heat off of Eric Cantor.
- Looks like my kids are becoming engineers (at least according to this graph).
- This relationship will last slightly longer than Britney Spears’ first marriage, but it still has zero chance of succeeding.
Have a great Thursday! AND PAY YOUR CHILD SUPPORT.