Ahh sweet glorious Friday. This is my last one where my plans include doing nothing, so I’m savoring every bit of it. Here are the links.
- Some awful person over at Slate compiled a list of the creepiest corporate mascots. Obviously the above image (of the original Ronald McDonald) made the list.
- Takes one to know one? The Popes anti-pedophilia advisor has been arrested for attempting to “arrange for sexual encounters with young boys”. Remember that its not the fault of the priest that he is the way he is, rather its the hippies who made him do it.
- Seriously, who is dumb enough to eat random brownies sitting around Paula Abdul’s house? Apparently Kara DioGuardi was (whoever the hell she is), and suffered the consequences.
- Barack Obama was “baffled” according to the Huffington Post when Italian President (and world-wide fascist embarrassment) Silvio Berlusconi claimed that “leftist judges” were creating a “dictatorship” in their efforts to stop him (Berlusconi) from sleeping with teenagers. Whoever chose the word “baffled” for this article needs to update their MSWord thesaurus.
- Renowned douche Bat Boone has become a spokesman for the astroturf anti-AARP group called the “60 Plus” organization. He believes that old people should simply give up their medicare benefits in order for nice rich people like him to get tax cuts. Old people should agree to do this the same day Ol’ Pat decides to pay the black artists royalties for stealing their songs.
- What the fuck Serbia? Ratko Mladic (he of this awful stain on human history) was not only staying in the country without any pressure from the government to go into hiding, his alias was a damn anagram of real name.
- Speaking of murderous assholes, a militant Hutu leader named Bernard Munyagishari has been captured in connection with the 1994 genocide in Rwanda. This guy joins the list if captured mass murderers including Bin Laden and Ratko who have been caught just this month. If I were an ex-Nazi living in an Argentinean retirement home right now, June could not be coming fast enough.
- Ballon Juice created a fantastic primer to the 10-page Grade F effort from the GOP to fix jobs.
- Academy Award Nominee Lebron James has led the Heat into the finals. Miami fans are already celebrating. Eww.
- The GOP might just get their fiscally irresponsible, secessionist sympathizing, chicken-hawk frat boy nominee after all. Good for them.
Have a great weekend! I’m gonna spend it using my awesome negotiating skills that I picked up in contracts class against car salesmen.