Mornin’. We leased our second car yesterday, a Hyundai Elantra. Note to the good people at Power Honda; holding us hostage while we are trying to leave and eat lunch is not a good way to encourage our business.
- Today in inspiring dog news, this dog from Malta named “Star” survived being buried alive and shot with a pellet gun in her head.
- One Seattle bar is taking advantage of Chone Figgin’s crappy batting average by basing beer
- Gay Rights activist Lt. Dan Choi (one of the major actors against don’t ask, don’t tell) was beaten during a gay rights march in Moscow.
- Krugman takes Politifact to task for their crappy economic analysis.
- South Park’s devastating take on the NCAA was almost as fantastic as Frontline’s.
- Daily Kos details the various ways in which Don Blakenship, the CEO of Massey Energy, just does not care about any of the laws or organizations that supposedly regulate him.
- Somebody has found a way to make sandwiches more convenient; by putting them into a can. Ewww.
- I love ThinkProgress, but it is a little sad that as of today, their “wordcloud” (a graphic demonstration which shows the terms that are most often searched on their site) still has “Christine O’Donnell” ranked the same as “the economy”.
- Some enterprising hackers decided to go after Lockheed Martin, who did not acknowledge the attack for some time after it had already started.
- Of course we might not need the giant defense technology company now, as according to Wired’s Dangerroom blog, the military has been fine using actual mules for transporting military equipment in Afghanistan versus the million dollar robots developed for the exact same task.
Have a great Sunday, we’re off to the farmer’s market.