Morning! I hope you last day off until Independence Day is looking nice.
- Gawker reports that some merry hackers added an exclusive story to PBS’s webpage reporting that Biggie and Tupac are alive and living in New Zealand.
- Also at Gawker; there is some minor scandal growing over Congressman Anthony Weiner’s twitter page. He claims it was hacked, sending a picture of an erection to an admirer in Seattle. Andrew Breitbart got ahold of the story and has been making a big deal of it since by stating that the Congressman is having an affair with the recipient of the picture. Well the supposed mistress in this affair has spoken out, and has systematically destroyed any idea that this story should be taken seriously.
- Tom Tommorow (now at the Daily Kos) points out the jackassery in trying to state that last years record snowfall “proves” that Global Warming is not real.
- Speaking of jackassery, Steve Benen points out that the Washington punditocracy is totally offended that the Democrats might have the gaul to point out that the Ryan plan is would kill Medicare.
- Krugman laments at the obvious, mainly that 1) unemployment is still apocalyptically bad, and 2) no one in power has the balls to do anything about it.
- Speaking of balls, the New York Daily News reports that California might soon require that pornographic actors wear condoms during the filming of their movies. I’m linking to Jezebel’s reporting of this law due to the fact that the NYDN does not need anymore traffic for their crappy news.
- Over at Salon they interview the writer of the new book “Intern Nation” who points out the curious existence of the modern “internship” as really nothing more than illegal unpaid training disguised with a new name.
- Also at Salon, a writer details her very personal account of having a necessary abortion– a lifesaving procedure that almost did not happen due to the present status of abortion politics.
- And so the Laker drama begins…
- Mother Jones has a photo essay in observance of Memorial day showing some of the personnel responsible for preparing fallen soldiers in Afghanistan for their final journeys back to the United States.
Have a great Memorial Day, I’m gonna try to get a post appropriate to the holiday up sometime today.