How’s it going? I’ve started my internship. If I can judge a book by its cover, the fact that I have a window office with a view of downtown LA, I think it might be pretty awesome. Anyways, here are the links.
- Does your job have crappy benefits with no time for family or vacations? Well take heart that Al Qaeda understood these common problems in the workplace, and addressed them all with an extremely competitive benefits package. Bin Laden might have been a dick about collecting receipts, but he seemed to understand that even suicide bombers needed family time (unlike GE).
- If the New York Magazine’s profile of Roger Ailes from a few weeks ago did not convince you that he is the most powerful crazy person in this country right now, read this account from Rolling Stone. The best part; Mr. Ailes has a bomb proof office to protect him from “the gays.”
- Congressman Anthony Weiner is once again showing liberals what they should do when attacked by the likes of serial liar Andrew Brietbart; get a lawyer and wreck some shit.
- The Germans apparently have watched some educational episodes of the Simpsons and are getting out of the Nuclear power game
- The NY Times is finally alerting Americans to the fact that former officials from both the Bush and Clinton administrations are supporting possibly the worlds biggest asshole dictator, the current leader of Equatorial Guinea. If you have never hear of this country, think Africa’s version of North Korea plus a shit ton of oil.
- Fantastic news from my 2nd biggest celebrity crush, Michelle Obama (#1 for 2 years now has been Rachel Maddow). She is once again spearheading actual constructive changes in our nation’s obesity problem by forcing the change for the graphic representation of proper nutrition from the dumb pyramid to the easy to understand plate.
- Blithering psycho and current Congressman from Florida Allen West has some dumbass opinions on sexuality.
- Foreign Policy gathers the dumbass opinions/beliefs of high-profile Saudi men trying to justify that country’s laws prohibiting women from driving.
- Some good news from the Obama Justice department in that the moribund Civil Rights division (which the Bush Administration all but deleted after they took over) is back and prosecuting abuses by urban police departments.
- Deadspin believes that the new minority owner of the Mets is only a few years away from taking over the whole stinking corpse of this never-proud franchise (yes I am still bitter about 1986).
Have a good night! Don’t waste it watching David Stern hand the chosen one his ring (maybe instead find a way to watch the Bruins blow it).