This sandwich caused a stir in the warehouse in which I worked for a year after college. At the time I was a full-fledged vegetarian, a fact that was revealed to the masses at my job after someone asked me “WHAT is THAT you are eating?” It was then that I learned that eating vegetables in the south is about as socially acceptable as announcing that you are a Communist. I still think the sandwich was worth it.
Also it is hot as shit outside across the country, so anything that you can do that doesn’t involve the oven or stove is probably a good idea at this point.
- 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread OR Whole Wheat Pita
- Slice of Grilled Eggplant
- 1/2 Roasted Tomato
- 1/2 Roasted Red Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Red Pepper Hummus OR 1 Tbsp Pesto
- Alfalfa sprouts or spinach to taste
- Seriously? You need exact directions on a sandwich. This is not good. Please don’t try anything that involves the word “flambé”.